Fidessa group plc, Fidessa plc, Fidessa Buy-side Limited and any other group company (together "Fidessa" or "We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Full contact details of the relevant Data Controllers are provided at the end of this policy, together with how you can exercise any of your data rights.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use a site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on a site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you contact us with a sale or general enquiry or to report a problem with a site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, company name and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to a site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from a site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with our website developers and may receive information about you from them.
What are cookies?
(1) remember you when you visit our sites to keep track of your browsing patterns and to build up a profile of how you and other users use a site,
(2) make our sites work as efficiently as possible, and
(3) deliver relevant content to our users.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the "help" menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of a site and/or delay or adversely affect the way in which it operates.
More information about cookies can be found here http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about products or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our products or services; and
- to ensure that content from a site is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer a site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve a site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our sites safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our sites about products or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Website developers.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our sites.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Fidessa or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of a site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will seek to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to a site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right by contacting us at the addresses below.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Fidessa group plc registered in England and Wales no. 3234176. Registered office - Dukes Court, Duke Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH, UK
Fidessa plc registered in England and Wales no. 3781700. Registered office - Dukes Court, Duke Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH, UK
Fidessa Buy-side Limited registered in England and Wales no. 3656437. Registered office - Dukes Court, Duke Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH, UK